- Updates & Support
Campaign Monitor is an email marketing service. Learn how to use Campaign Monitor forms on your WordPress site.
Download and Install
- If you haven’t already done so, install and activate Formidable Forms.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Formidable → Add-Ons and click the ‘Install’ button for the Campaign Monitor WordPress plugin.
Setup Campaign Monitor Integration
Once the Campaign Monitor WordPress plugin is installed, a new global settings tab and form action will be available. Your WordPress site needs to be linked to your Campaign Monitor account.
- Go to Campaign Monitor and log in.
- Click your profile image in the top right corner, then Account Settings → API Keys.
- Click Show API key to view your API key. If you haven’t generated one yet, click Generate API key instead.
- In a new browser tab, go to Formidable → Global Settings → Campaign Monitor.
- Copy and paste your Campaign Monitor API key and Client ID on the Formidable Global settings page.
Create Campaign Monitor Forms
Next the form is ready to be mapped to Campaign Monitor fields.
- Go to Formidable → Forms and go to the settings page for your form.
- Click on the Settings → Actions & Notifications tab. Click the Campaign Monitor icon to add a Campaign Monitor action to your form.
- Give your Campaign Monitor action a Action Name for easy reference. This label will only be seen on the back-end.
- Select the Campaign Monitor list and connect fields from your form with the Campaign Monitor fields. Any Campaign Monitor custom fields will also appear for the selected list. Be sure to map all required Campaign Monitor fields.
- Submit the form and a new subscriber will be added in Campaign Monitor.
If you have followed the instructions above and data isn’t getting added to Campaign Monitor, the first step is to install the Formidable Logs add-on. This will give you more details about any errors that might be preventing data from getting to Campaign Monitor.