- Updates & Support
Everybody needs control of their Login page. Limit Login Attempts add-on will help you to track your login attempts made by each user. You can limit the login attempts for each user. Brute force attacks are the most common way to gain access to your website. This add-on acts as a shield against these hacking attacks and gives you control to set the time between each login attempt.
1. Go to LoginPress > Add-Ons find the Limit Login Attempts Add-On and click on the toggle button to install & activate the add-on.
2. Now Go to LoginPress > Settings > Limit Login Attempts Tab, You will see separate settings for Limit Login Attempts.
Under the Limit Login Attempts settings. You can find the 4 following tabs.
2. Attempt Details
Under the Settings tab, you can find the following settings.
- Attempts Allowed: Set the total number of login attempts. After attempts, the user will lockout.
- Minutes Lockout: After a lockout how much time will be required for the user to be able to see the login page again?
- IP address Field: Where you can add the IP address, to Blacklist or WhiteList the IP Address.
- After saving changes you need to click on save changes.
Under the Attempt Details tab, you can find a beautiful layout with the attempts failed to detail. Here you can find the details:
- IP: The IP address of the user.
- Date & Time: The date & time when he tries to log in to your site.
- Username: Which username he tries to log in to your site.
- Password: Which password he tries to log in to your site.
- Gateway: Which gateway he use to log in on your site (WP Login, Woocommerce, Widget).
- Action: Here is the main feature of login attempts.
- Unlock: You can unlock the IP address. After that user will be able to log in again without lockout restriction.
- Whitelist: You can add the IP address to the whitelist. The user will no longer face the limitation restriction. After clicking on Whitelist Button, all the attempts that the user does to login (Username, Password, etc) data will be removed from the Attempt Detail tab, and IP address added to the whitelist.
- Blacklist: You can add the IP address to the blacklist. The user will no longer be able to see the login page and wp-admin. After clicking on Blacklist Button, all the attempts that the user does to login (Username, Password, etc) data will be removed from the Attempt Detail tab, and IP address added to the blacklist.
Under the Whitelist tab, you can find the whitelisted IP address with a beautiful layout. Here you can
- Clear: Remove the Whitelisted IP for a certain IP.
- After Removing from the whitelist that IP address will face the limit login attempt restriction.
Under the Blacklist tab, you can find the blacklisted IP address with a beautiful layout. Here you can
- Clear: Remove the Blacklisted IP for a certain IP.
- After Removing from the blacklist that IP address will be able to see a login page as well wp-admin.
Bulk action feature for attempts details section
Introduce Bulk Action for Attempts Detail Section, where we can perform different actions by selecting different IPs.